Invoices have been sent out today to player's with outstanding registration.
Player's will not be rostered to a team if outstanding registration is owing. Please contact Tanya or Bryan right away if you need to discuss an invoice, or if you no longer wish to play hockey this season.
An earlier news article advised that Lakefield Minor Hockey will not be issuing refunds for players who drop out after starting the season. This policy DOES NOT
apply if OMHA, Public Health, the Province or any other regulatory body orders hockey to be shut down mid-season. A refund will be calculated based on the amount of hours each team has been on the ice and a refund will be sent out accordingly.
Selwyn Township has released their plan for for the reopening of its facilities this season. The arena stages do not coincide with Provincial reopening stages as they are different. Eg. The Province is currently in Stage 3 of its reopening plan but Selwyn Township's plan is Stage 2.
Lakefield Arena - Currently reopening in Stage 2
All ice time in reopening stages 1, 2 or 3 will be 45 minutes in duration allowing for 30 minutes of disinfection of the Lakefield Arena by Township staff.
All Provincially required protocols must be following in the arena including:
- Physical distancing
- Wearing a face covering while in public spaces
- Participants and organization officials must wear a face covering until the skates are tied and helmets are on
- Stay home if you're showing any signs of COVID-19
- Sanitize your hands frequently
- All participants/spectators must enter and exit through the designated doors and follow the directional arrows in the facility. GREEN - IN and RED - OUT
- Public washrooms in the lobby will be open with reduced capacity
- Absolutely no outside food!
STAGE 2 REQUIREMENTS
1. Access to the facility will only be granted 15 minutes prior to the rental period.
2. 1 parent/guardian per participant permitted - if staying, must enter by the designated entrance and proceed directly to the designated spectator area - following capacities listed in each area and must remain in their physically distanced locations and must wear a face covering
3. Players and participants will wait outside or in the lobby practicing physical distancing until being directed to proceed by arena staff
4. No personal belongings are to be brought inside the arena other than skates, water bottles, helmet and sticks. All minor participants must arrive fully dressed
5. All participants must sit in the designated, physically distanced spaces while tying skates and on the players benches
6. Change rooms will be available subject to reduced capacity. Only participants and designated representatives are permitted in change rooms. Capacity limits and scheduled times will be posted on the door and must be adhered to. Access to the shared washrooms is permitted with NO shower use
7. All participants/spectators must leave the facility within 15 minutes following their rental time
All players will be required to complete a health check and submit it to Lakefield Minor Hockey before each on-ice game/practice. We will have more information about how this will be implemented soon.
If you have any questions, please contact Bryan or Tanya.